This book is more than just a parenting book. It’s a tool to use with your child. Each chapter is divided into two parts. The first part is a fictional story about a family who experiences problems and then learns a new tool. Read this section to your child. It presents family issues from the parent’s perspective. Children are often blinded by their own viewpoint and seeing the problem from the parent’s view is eye-opening. Furthermore, it opens opportunities to talk about ways your family relates and ways you can make changes.
In This Book You Will Learn…
- Four truths that will motivate you to continue on when you’re tired, discouraged, and ready to give up.
- A powerful strategy to help children change their hearts–not just their actions.
- A unique concept that will reveal the cues you give to tell your children when they must obey.
- A six-step “Secret Weapon” you can use when all else seems to have failed and you need a bigger plan to help children develop character, not just change their behavior.
- Three practical ways to be a coach to your children and help them learn from life.
- One small ingredient to add to your parenting to help your children develop wisdom.
- A three-step plan to help your children deal with anger through frustration management, anger control, rage reduction, and releasing bitterness.
Listen to a sample of this audiobook right now. Click Here
Home Improvement Testimony
Home Improvement Endorsements
“Once again Turansky and Miller hit the mark with proven methods for effective parenting. Home Improvement tackles the tough issues all parents face with solid answers that can be used in any home. Shaping children to learn and understand skills for life long success is no easy task. Scott and Joanne provide practical tips that work and are based on experience and study. If you are looking for parenting tools you can use and know will work, this is a book you need to read.”
“You must have been a fly on the wall of our home when you wrote Home Improvement! Our goal is to raise kids whose hearts are sensitive to the Lord, and we love your practical advice about addressing sibling rivalry and anger. We’ll be keeping it handy and giving copies to the parents in our community.”
“What an amazing book to help you raise a really great kid.”
“I find it very interesting that television is full of advertisements that want the viewer to improve their abdominal muscles, improve their waist line, improve their wrinkled face, improve their diets and on and on and on. Yet not one person is encouraging the viewers to improve their home life. Scott Turansky has hit upon the most urgent message for the American Family. The family is falling apart, the structure of love that ties our society together is disintegrating quickly. I urge people everywhere to read the timely book and its healing and happy message.”
“A Biblical, spiritually excellent, and highly practical guide for parents who desire to make powerful changes to their parenting. From cover to cover, I was delighted to find familiar principles I practiced in my own parenting during a season when my husband and I were cooperating with the Lord for our family’s restoration. This book would have been a favorite had it been available to me then.
The timeless truths contained in this priceless volume, when acted upon, will give you a much coveted predictable outcome for your parenting efforts as they did me.”