The Family Toolbox has 8 lessons for parents, teens, or both in a small group setting or in the home. Each lesson has a 1-2 minute video of a family living life and experiencing common challenges in their relationships. The Leaders Guide give questions and worksheets to prompt dialogue among parents and teens, then a 10-minute teaching session featuring Dr. Scott Turansky and Joanne Miller, RN, BSN gives parents practical tools to use in their family.
As parents and teens work through the lessons they learn:
• How to focus on the heart instead of just behavior
• Healthy habits for following instructions
• Practical ways to remove conflict from the problems of family life
• The benefits of correction
• A tool for maximizing heart change in the correction process
• Learning to accept no as an answer
• Ways to reduce anger episodes
The Family Toolbox is designed for families with children ten years old and up and is an excellent resource for small groups or the home. Each lesson can be done in 20-30 minutes, but could also lead to discussion and dialogue lasting an hour or more.